IndiGo , India’s largest scheduled airline conducts a Cadet Pilot Programme to recruit and train fresh young people as pilots to receive both their initial Commercial Pilot License (CPL) and an Airbus A320 Type Rating. The programme is conducted partnering with L3 CTS, CAE Global Academy and Flight Training Adelaide, who are the world’s largest network of professional flight schools.
Minimum entry requirements:
- Between 17 and 32 years
- Indian or an OCI card holder
- 10+2 with a minimum score of 51% in Physics, Mathematics & English
Graduation in Physics/ Mathematics /Engineering with 51% of marks (Should have secured 51% of marks for English for 10+2)
- In good physical condition with appropriate weight and height.
- Possess an Indian Class 1 Medical certificate (no limitation).
(candidates not possessing an Indian Class 1 medical can apply with a Class II medical. However, they must possess an Indian Class 1 medical prior to commencing the program).
- Fluent in English – both written and verbal.
- Should have “unique-ID number /registration number (UID) at the time of admission.
The combined CPL + A320 TR will take 19 months to complete, and an extra 2 to 3 months must be added for DGCA CPL and A320 documentation to be received.
(Cadets who train overseas are required by local law to convert their foreign CPL to an Indian DGCA CPL. The time taken is included in the 22 to 23 months mentioned above. IndiGo and the training provider will assist with this. The process of conversion consists of 2 written tests, referred to as composite-papers, and 10-11 hours flying an Indian registered aircraft).
- During CPL training – Cessna, Piper, Diamond etc
- After CPL – Multi crew jet engine aircraft and simulators
Certification achieved by the end of the 17+2 months training
- Commercial Pilot License (CPL) with night Flying Rating
- Multi Engine Rating (ME)
- Instrument Rating (IR)
- A320 Type Rating
- Math, Physics written English tests
- Psychometric evaluation
- Group Discussion/Group Task
- Individual Interview
For more details, please visit these links also
- IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – CAE
- IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – L3 CTS
Program Route Guide
- IndiGo Cadet Pilot Program – FTA (Flight Training Adelaide)